Go Back   HDF-EOS Forums > Tool > Local Access

Unread 11-15-2010, 11:56 AM

Default HDFEOS5 augmentation, MacOS 10.6

I've tried to compile the HDF-EOS5 augmentation tool on Mac OS X Server 10.6.4 and have gotten a few errors.

The ./configure command failed with "error: invalid hdfeos in hdfeos5" with the following error in config.log:
Undefined symbols:
"_H5DSset_scale", referenced from:
_HE5_GDsetdimscale in libhe5_hdfeos.a(GDapi.o)
This was due to the -lhdf5_hl library not being linked. I added that to the configure file and was able to get the configure script to complete.

Compilation then fails with the following error:
gcc -m32 -L/Users/corey/local/i386/zlib-1.2.5 -L/Users/corey/local/i386/szip-2.1/lib -L/Users/corey/local/i386/jpeg-6b/lib -L/Users/corey/local/i386/hdf5-1.8.5/lib -L/Users/corey/local/i386/hdfeos5/lib -o aug_eos5 main.o read.o run.o util.o write.o -lhe5_hdfeos -lGctp -lhdf5 -lhdf5_hl -ljpeg -lsz -lz -lm
Undefined symbols:
"_getline", referenced from:
_parse_dim_geo_names in run.o
ld: symbol(s) not found

A quick search shows that the getline function is not included in the MacOS C libraries. Do you have a quick workaround for this? Did you run into this in your testing?
Unread 11-16-2010, 12:48 PM

Corey,

Currently we only support Linux because that's what the Aura team uses. We haven't tested on Mac. That's why you see this. We will test it on Mac. and fix the problem and go back to you as soon as possible. Hopefully in one or two days.

Kent
Unread 11-22-2010, 10:24 AM

The augmentation tool for Mac has been put on http://hdfeos.org/software/aug_eos5/.
Unread 11-22-2010, 03:13 PM

I've downloaded the latest HDF-EOS5 augmentation tool (aug_eos5-2.1-patch.tar.gz). I initially got errors due to the undefined symbols (H5DSset_scale, etc) again due to the hdf5_hl library not being linked. I set CC to h5cc to work around this. The aug_eos5 binary then compiled fine and I was able to run it over some of my HDF-EOS5 files.

I started to compile the check utilities using the makefile.check file in the src directory to check these newly augmented files but could not locate the nc-config utility. For some reason, 'make install' didn't copy over this file to the bin directory -- possibly due to user error! Looking into this now.

Update: Just recompiled and installed NetCDF 4.1.1 and nc-config was moved over to the bin directory, so I must have done something funny earlier this month with the first install. check_c and check_f compiled fine. A usage statement for check_c might would helpful if run without arguments.

Last edited by corey; 11-22-2010 at 03:49 PM.